Gutwein Law exists for one reason – to help some of the best, most forward‐thinking businesses in the world and their stakeholders grow through high‐level legal counsel. Gutwein Law knows that we can only help grow companies and their stakeholders if we have the most forward-thinking, business-minded legal talent, so we continuously invest in the development of our people.
That’s it – our mission statement. It may sound straightforward, but a lot goes into making it a reality, especially behind-the-scenes. We make it a habit to continually invest in our people, so they can focus on providing the best possible service to our clients. Here are some ways we do just that:
- We encourage continuous learning. From unlimited CLE's to Westlaw access to thoroughly vetted forms, we give our team what they need to sharpen their skills and produce consistent, high-quality work. Additionally, each month, we host internal cross-training sessions, in which someone in the firm leads a presentation on a topic to encourage learning across practice areas.
- We invest in new equipment and technology. We believe in order to be forward-thinking, you need the right tools (both hardware and software). To ensure we’re being as efficient as possible, we have a full-time IT Support Technician on staff to help troubleshoot any issues and stay on top of the latest technology trends.
- We have a robust support structure in place. We’ve intentionally built a practice with deep experience in a variety of practice areas. But our internal expertise goes outside the field of law. We have dedicated finance, operations, and marketing staff in-house, so our team and clients have the support they need readily available.
- We encourage outside ventures. What’s better than working with someone who has dealt with similar challenges first-hand? Gutwein Ventures is our way of encouraging team members to gain hands-on business experience, which can then be transferred to client relationships.
- We offer leadership opportunities to everyone in the firm. We understand and encourage the drive to grow – both personally and professionally. Each team member has the opportunity to take a leadership role in an office, practice area, sub-specialty or other internal group.
- We have parties. Yes, you read that right. We understand having fun at the office occasionally is a necessary break (who said lawyers don’t like to have fun?) Holiday celebrations? Check. Summer outings? Check. Quarterly rewards? Check.
- We celebrate our team members on a personal level. We’re a family. So when one of our own has a birthday, anniversary, or major life event happen (like the birth of a child or wedding), we celebrate accordingly.
- We make philanthropy a priority. We like to do our part in giving back to the communities we serve. We not only sponsor organizations on a firm-level, but we provide every employee with paid volunteer time off each year.
- We make getting to and from the office a breeze. Our offices are located in the heart of the city, which can often mean a difficult parking situation. But not for our team. We offer free, covered, convenient parking in each of our locations.
- We understand life never stops moving. We firmly believe in work-life harmony, so we offer remote working and flex time policies to all our team members – something we think improves productivity and morale.
These are just a few of the ways we invest in our people. We offer lots of other perks, too, like team swag, firm contributions to 401(k) and health insurance, a monthly gym allowance, a Sam’s Club Membership, and bonus opportunities. Why do we think all this is important? To put it simply, we believe a happy team is a solid team. And a solid team produces great work.
But we don’t want to stop there. We’re always looking for new ways to invest in our team, and in turn, clients. What are some of the best ways you’ve see companies invest in their employees? In what ways does your company live up to its mission statement? We’d love to hear from you!
If you think this sounds like the kind of place you’d love to work, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.